Wednesday 30 May 2007

Uber Newbie's first day

Hello everyone. My name is Cassie and I'm the new member of the Screen Edit team. Yesterday was my first fun FILLED day!

My background has been in product and graphic design and now I am really looking forward to working in the interactive arena.

So, after a full day comprising of formatting my computer, being introduced to the rest of the team, shown the projects I will be working on and other general housekeeping, Tricky, Dr. Neil and myself ventured into London to the Adobe's Inspired Media Event at the Curzon Cinema in Soho.

A glass of wine eased me into the business of networking and we met some really interesting people before we had a talk by the half French, half Italian, illustrator and animator, Monica Laita.
It was Monica's first time speaking to a large audience and it made for a very interesting presentation! Her quirky and amusingly frank personality shone through as she spoke about her love of big hair and wigs.
Monica's illustrations are clever collages of hand drawing, painting, and photomontage which are then manipulted in photoshop and turned into animations in Flash.
We are hoping to meet with Monica in the near future for a screenedit interview.

I had a very exciting and informative first day and am looking forward to tomorrow.
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Pan said...

Congratulations on your first day!
I look forward to hearing about your daily antics and i hope you bring a spare pair of batteries to work or you will be truely lost!
x

31 May 2007 at 05:24  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

May 2007  |  June 2007  |  August 2007  |  September 2007  |